Nokia Lumia 920 has a new update AFTER Amber and GDR2


I found a notification today on my Nokia Lumia 920 about a new update available. This was really surprising as I had recently updated to the Lumia Amber Update. Apparently, this only fixed a small issue with the IE Default Search Engine. After the Lumia Amber Update, the Google option from the search engine selection from the IE Settings was removed which I thought was as per design given the recent Microsoft / Google fight over YouTube application. However, after this update, I found Google set as the default search engine automatically in IE Settings. I haven't seen any visual changes so far yet. However, some reports over the internet suggest possible changes to the camera post processing.

All the version numbers remain the same after update

This is a small update which is about 19 MB, however, it took about 30 minutes to complete the entire update process but that could also be due to the huge amount of user data in my phone. This might be a regional update as well since the issue was mainly reported from India about the Google option missing in IE. For me, all the relevant version numbers remain the same before and after the update.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...