Windows Phone 8 Amber Update Brings FM Radio to Nokia Lumia 920


I was not sure that I was ever going to get the FM Radio in my Nokia Lumia 920 as I believed from the beginning that it lacked the hardware itself. However, with the Amber Update, I can see the FM Radio functionality now available in the 'Music+Videos' hub which is a much needed feature for a high end phone like this. For a few minutes I was confused as to how the radio worked.


Using the radio on Nokia Lumia 920 is the easiest of all. All you need is to swipe right/left on the radio page for tuning a station. Once on the required radio station, simple tap on the 'favorites' star shaped icon and the radio is saved. Long tap on the screen brings up the pop-up menu where you can choose the phone speaker or pin the station or launch the settings menu. The settings menu allows you to choose the region - North America, World and Japan. Choosing either of them made no difference for me at-least in India, I was able to still tune selecting North America as the region. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...